[OS X TeX] bash: rtf2latex2e: command not found ??

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Nov 29 16:20:05 CET 2004

Le 29 nov. 04, à 15:39, Steffen Wolfrum a écrit :

> The Terminal says
>
> $PATH
> -bash:
> /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-
> darwin-current: No such file or directory
>
> Up to now I didn't change anything (have a fresh 10.3.6 installation
> and upon that some current i-packages, that's it).
> I am very carefully, for Gerben always stresses that he does NOT
> recomment to use the terminal at all i.e. change path settings when
> working with i-installer.
>
> So, what can be done?

In i-Installer, with the TeX i-Package, you may try running the
Configure stage (possibly selecting Expert mode, I'm not sure) and
select the CLI Activation stage. This will add in /etc/csh.login and
/etc/profile lines, that will add /usr/local/bin to you path. Then, in
Terminal you will get:

$ echo $PATH
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/
powerpc-apple-darwin-current

and rtf2latex2e will be find through its alias:

$ ls -l rtf2latex2e
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  admin  38 17 Nov 15:12 rtf2latex2e ->
/usr/local/rtf2latex2e/rtf2latex2e.bin

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>