[OS X TeX] Customizing Emacs.

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 29 12:12:34 CET 2004

Am 29.11.2004 um 10:06 schrieb Andrea Riciputi:

> Hi all,
> I've been using emacs as editor of choice since I swithed from OS9 to
> OSX, but I've never been full satified with it especially when I use
> it to edit LaTeX files. AucTeX is powerfull, but I've not been able to
> get the full control of it. I miss in particular, all those keyboard
> shortcuts that Alpha had (and have I know) and that make so easy
> typesetting LaTeX.
>
> Anyone here has ever managed AucTeX with those sort of shortcut? How?
> Could anyone of you give me some hints about this? Only few
> suggestions or examples could be of help...

First suggestion is always: RTFM, or, in Emacs: C-h i C-s auctex RET RET

Second much bigger effort: open a TeX file and type C-h b. You'll see
key translations/key bindings. You'll see lists of 'Minor Mode
Bindings' for bib-cite-minor-mode, reftex-mode, 'Major Mode Bindings'.
Depending on in which map the key is defined you'd have to set in your
.emacs many many:

(define-key TeX-mode-map "\C-c\C-d" 'TeX-save-document)
.
.
.

(define-key reftex-mode-map [(shift button2)]
'reftex-mouse-view-crossref))
.
.
.

bib-cite-minor-mode, outline-minor-mode, flyspell-mode use a different
way to set their key bindings. I think the way to change these would be
to extract the blocks where input is bound to functions from the
original .el file into your .emacs and change what you need to be
changed. But there might be a real Emacs Lisp expert to correct me ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>