[OS X TeX] Compiling Texniscope from source

Frederick Hoyt fmhoyt at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Nov 28 20:01:03 CET 2004

Hello,

I have been very impressed with Texniscope in the short time I have
experimented with it, and would like to add my praise to what others
have said about it.

However, I generally prefer working in X11 when I'm latex-ing, so I'm
wondering if it might be possible to compile Texniscope to work in X11
(I'm sure some people might not agree with this preference, but for
better or worse, I do prefer X11).

I downloaded the Texniscope source distribution, but did not find an
Install or Make file there. Could someone advise me as whether it is
(a) possible to compile Texniscope for X11, and if so, (b) how?

Thank you,

Fred Hoyt

"Hell is other people at breakfast." - Sartre

Frederick M. Hoyt
Linguistics Department
University of Texas at Austin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>