[OS X TeX] tabular newbie question

Google Kreme gkreme at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 05:23:11 CET 2004

I was trying to create a nice table of the Half Life 2 cheat codes
(the actaul document will be much longer, but I've reduced it here to
the minimum that doesn't work:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\title{Console Cheats}
\author{It's Me}
\begin{document}
\section{Half Life 2}

\begin{tabular}{|r|l|}
\hline
  Set Gravity & sv_gravity  \\
 Shows FPS Rate & cl_showfps 1 \\
 Shows all available levels & Maps * \\
 Load specified map & map nameofmap.bsp \\
 Walk through walls  & Noclip
 NPCs can't see you, won't fire at you, etc.  & notarget \\
 Spawn a buggy & Impulse 82 \\
 Give yourself all weapons & Impulse 101 \\
 God mode & God \\
 First person view & Firstperson \\
 Third person view & Thirdperson (causes general movement wonkiness) \\
 See through walls & Mat_depthbias_normal 1 \\
 Change difficulty level  & Skill # (1, 2, or 3) \\
 \hline
 \end{tabular}
\end{document}

TeX Shop gives me:

! Missing $ inserted.
<inserted text>
                $
l.9   Set Gravity & sv_
                       gravity  \\
?
! Extra }, or forgotten $.
<template> \unskip \hfil }
                          \hskip \tabcolsep \hskip -.5\arrayrulewidth \vrule...
l.10  S
       hows FPS Rate & cl_showfps 1 \\
?

--
 ::::::===   <http://2blog.kreme.com>  ===::::::
 :: Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for  ::