[OS X TeX] memoir question

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Nov 28 00:14:59 CET 2004

Le 27 nov. 04, à 23:01, Herb Schulz a écrit :

> On 11/27/04 3:48 PM, "Bruno Voisin" <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> I've just had a look at memoir.cls (which I don't use). What about
>> leaving \thechapter alone (mine was a silly idea anyway, since
>> \thechapter is supposed to be the printed output of a counter), and
>> redefining \printchaptername instead, by putting in the preamble:
>>
>> \makeatletter
>> \renewcommand\appendix{\par
>>  \setcounter{chapter}{0}%
>>  \setcounter{section}{0}%
>>  \gdef\@chapapp{\appendixname}%
>>  \gdef\thechapter{\@Alph\c at chapter}%
>>  \renewcommand{\chapnamefont}{\normalfont\Large\bfseries}%
>>  \renewcommand{\printchaptername}{\chapnamefont \@chapapp}%
>>  \renewcommand{\chapternamenum}{\space}}
>> \makeatother
>
> Well, I ran my version of your original commands, the one I suggested
> with
> lots of  and that didn't work very well. Sigh...
>
> The memoir class certainly redefines the way things are set up and I'm
> not
> familiar with it either. I do know that I don't like the way it
> simulates
> the article class with that option set.

I just tried the above suggestion, with the only example of document
based on the memoir class that I have: the documentation memman.tex,
downloaded from CTAN. The suggestion works, once you've commented out
the lines

\chapterstyle{normal}
\chapterstyle{section}

put after \appendix in this documentation.

Bruno
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>