[OS X TeX] Configuring Emacs 21.3.50 for AUC-TeX on OS X 10.3

Thøger Juul Thorsen thoeger at fys.ku.dk
Fri Nov 26 18:01:56 CET 2004

Bruno Voisin wrote:

> I hope I got the ordering right (from the more generic to the more
> specific), didn't forget anything and didn't add anything
> unnecessary/harmful. I got the impression /usr/share/info and
> /usr/share/man are a default component of OS X, right? I'm not sure
> where the /opt directory comes from ; maybe some months ago when I
> tried an Emacs built by Jordan Hubbard of Apple/DarwinPorts fame.

/opt/local/ is the direktory created by DarwinPorts. I think you add
this to your PATH during install/configuration of DP.

> - IMO, the proposed Emacs icon by Massimiliano Gubinelli is nicer
> than  the default Gnu one. Could it be made the default, if
> Massimiliano  agrees?

In the start window of x11-Emacs is a Logo which I find even nicer
 than  Massimilliano's, which I agree is sleeker though not as Charming
as the default GNU logo. Check it out at
http://www.mederle.de/gl/gnus.gif ... With transparent backgrund it
works really well in the Dock (Where I use it as the icon of a launcher
script wrapped by Platypus).

I like Massimiliano's logo too, as well as the default one which I don't
think is that bad - but this one is by far the best IMHO.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>