[OS X TeX] [editors] TextMate

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Fri Nov 26 04:11:42 CET 2004

On 26 Nov 2004, at 1:26 PM, Richard Seguin wrote:

> But it's also missing support for proportional type. I was able to get
> a few to display, but it looks terrible. I really don't like working
> with fixed width fonts. They're all right for programming code, but
> tiring for paragraph formatted text.

Ah, I hadn't mentioned that. I tend to still use proportional fonts for
TeX, but I know what you mean. I quite like using a proportional font
for text and a fixed width font for commands in iTeXMac.

> (If you've never tried it, you should try Georgia. This proportional
> font has easy to read brackets and braces, unlike a lot of other
> me to this one a few years ago!)

I don't have it. Is it an old Mac OS 9 font? (I thought I had those,
though.)

> Another thing that it's missing is the navigation that TeXShop and
> iTeXMac provides us. BBEdit can easily duplicate the tag system in
> TeXShop, but this editor can't do this yet. Folding may be helpful
> here, but I don't think it's a substitute.

The bookmarks feature I mentioned can sort of do it, but you're right.
(I'd like the TeXShop tags feature to be extensible, also.)

At the moment it's not worth switching to TextMate, but I thought I'd
bring it up because it does have some novel things.

Will

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>