[OS X TeX] Praise for TeXniscope

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Nov 25 11:29:57 CET 2004

Le 25 nov. 04, à 10:53, Joachim Kock a écrit :

> Despite its young age, TeXniscope is already the best previewer on OSX!
> (in the opinion of Yours Sincerely, anyway).

Just installed and tried it (to preview a separate DVI file). That's
indeed impressive. In particular it includes one feature I have often
missed in TeXShop: the ability to split the preview window. Very useful
for writing, revising or proofreading or document, so that you compare
different parts of the typeset document without having to print them
first and arrange the corresponding pages on your desktop.

The interface is very clean too. Sheets for what should be sheets
(printing window, go to page dialog, etc.), and separate windows for
what should be separate windows (prefs selection, etc.).

One thing which I'm not sure works as it is intended: for a two-page
document, when selecting Multiple Page Layout, the two pages are
displayed horizontally side-by-side instead of being scrolled
vertically.

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>