[OS X TeX] Screen fonts in X11 using i-Installer tetex

Frederick Hoyt fmhoyt at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Nov 24 02:22:31 CET 2004

Hi,

I am using Gerben Wierda's tetex installation with X11 by way of the
Fink system-tetex placeholder. I notice that when I generate documents
this way, the quality of the screen fonts in gv is substantially worse
than what I see if I use the Fink tetex installation.

Can anyone suggest why this might be, and what I might do about it?

Disk space is not an issue, so I could have both the Fink and
i-Installer tetex installations, but it does offend my Yankee
sensibilities to have two installations when one will do.

Alternatively, is it possible to knit the Fink and i-Installer tetex
installations together through artful use of symlinks?

thanks,

Fred Hoyt

"Government being instituted for the common benefit, protection, and
security, of the whole community, and not for the private interest or
emolument of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, whenever
the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly
endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people
may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new
government."

Section 2, Article 10 of the New Hampshire State Constitution.

Frederick M. Hoyt
Linguistics Department
University of Texas at Austin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>