[OS X TeX] dtx and texshop

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Nov 23 05:19:31 CET 2004

On Nov 22, 2004, at 11:16 PM, Frans Goddijn wrote:

> yesterday I tried to get a style file from a .dtx but I failed to find
> out from the menus how to add the option/argument for it to the
> "typeset" command.
>
> Searching for "dtx" in the helpfile didn't get me anything...

Generally, there should be an .ins file and a .dtx file. The .ins file
generally produces the .sty file (and other supporting files) and the
.dtx file generally produces the documentation. You should be able to
open the .ins file in TeXShop and typeset it using LaTeX -- this should
give you the .sty file and then you can typeset the .dtx file to get
the documentation.

All the best,

-- Gary

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>