[OS X TeX] Textencoding MacOS Roman vs UTF-8

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Mon Nov 22 19:12:36 CET 2004

Stephan Hochhaus <stephan at yauh.de> writes:

>> How do you manage with the utf-8 option in inputenc? Does it work
>> reliably? I am asking because we have already recommended latin1 for
>> Macintosh in l2tabu. At the same time we marked utf-8 as still
>> somewhat experimental. Is this still correct on the Macintosh?
>
> It didn't support all unicode characters the last time I checked. I
> had to use ucs.sty[1] in order to process all chars correctly.

So ucs.sty works alright? It is sufficiently reliable?

> I remember a thread on this topic on the German Language TeX Users
> Group a couple of weeks ago..

Thanks, I will google for this later.

> [1] http://www.unruh.de/DniQ/latex/unicode/

...which is the same as:

  ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/unicode/ucs.sty

Jürgen.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>