[OS X TeX] Unknown Graphics Extension

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Nov 22 09:47:24 CET 2004

I have just tried typesetting a paper which I am pretty sure worked OK
before, but with texLive 2004 etc, I am getting messages of the form
(when typesetting with TeX + Ghostscript)

! LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics extension: .Sketch.ps.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.127 ...ics[width=1.0in]{Sashikumar02.Sketch.ps}}

It seems the name a.b.ps is confusing it, where it thinks that the
extension is .b.ps instead of .ps (its looking at the first "." instead
of the last "."). Any ideas how to get around this (apart from renaming
the files, which I don't really want to do as I am working on this with
someone else)?

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin                   Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science          Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University                  Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath                 WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, United Kingdom   VOIP:  sip:rrmwork at iptel.org

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>