[OS X TeX] Mathematics in e-mail

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 20 15:29:47 CET 2004

On 20 nov 2004, at 15:24, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> The easiest way - apart from an attachment - seems to be to open the
> pdf file in TeXShop, select the particular piece of text including
> equations, and copy it. Then, if you are using Apple Mail, you can
> paste it into your email, i.e., you are copying a perfectly cropped
> pdf image and use it as an integral part of your message.

Beware: the cropping is done in a crude way: the whole page is
included, including the invisible parts; leading to a much larger
attachment than is actually needed. And if you do this with the default
computer modern, I personally find it hard to read from the screen. If
you're using Lucida though, everything should be perfectly readable.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>