[OS X TeX] More information about TeXtures?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Nov 19 11:53:37 CET 2004

Le 19 nov. 04, à 11:29, Timothy Larkin a écrit :

> It should also be noted that TeXtures works perfectly well, in my
> experience, in the Classic environment of OS X.  I still do most of my
> TeX work this way, and have found no reason to switch to one of the
> GUIs that put a kind face on TeX use under OS X.

There is at least one case in which Textures can't be used: printing to
a Rendezvous printer. At home I have a DeskJet connected to the USB
port of an Airport Extreme base station, it can't be seen in Classic.
The Blue Sky site mentions that to circumvent this you may print from
Textures to a PS file and then open this file and print it from
Preview; this works, but seems to go against the Textures philosophy of
an integrated Mac interface to TeX.

Similarly at work all printers are managed by a CUPS server; for the
moment I'm still printing to them via AppleTalk, but it may be that at
some point, due to constraints set up by the sysadmin, I'll have to use
the CUPS server as well, and I'm not sure the Classic Selector can be
used to see the connected printers.

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>