[OS X TeX] Default Paper Size

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 17 16:47:31 CET 2004

On 17 nov 2004, at 16:23, Herb Schulz wrote:

> As an aside, I always wondered why the default paper size when
> installing
> (expert install) TeX on my system came up as a4 when my default is set
> ``US letter'' in my System Preferences -> Print and Fax pane. Using OS
> 10.3.6. I thought i-installer got the default from that setting.

No, I think the default is that of teTeX, which is A4 (as the software
was
assembled in Germany).

It isn't very hard to get the default setting from the system
preferences though:

defaults read com.apple.print.defaultpapersize DefaultPaperSize
gives "iso-A4" for me. The install script might be able to check for
this and use
it as the default.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>