[OS X TeX] Adobe Type Basics

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 17 01:13:14 CET 2004

On 11/16/04 5:44 PM, "Peter Dyballa" <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:

> Hello Herb!
>
> Look into texmf.tetex/fonts/map/dvips/tetex! There you'll find some
> *35.map files. They are the ones that make use of the built-in
> PostScript fonts.
>
> texmf.tetex/fonts/{tfm,vf}/adobe/ should already contain all necessary
> tfm and vf files. You schould not need to make your own set. In
> texmf.tetex/tex/latex/psnfss you'll find the fd files.
>
> I think that's all ...
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete

Howdy,

It was truly much easier than I even thought it would be! I didn't even have
to rename the .pfb files form their Adobe names. I simply put the .pfb files
into ~/Library/fonts/type1/adobe/TypeBasics/ without changing their names.
Then I changed updmap.cfg found in texmf.local/web2c/ so that i)LW35 is set
to ADOBE (Adobe fonts with "vendor" filenames) and ii)dvipsDownloadBase35,
pdftexDownloadBase14 and dvipdfmDownloadBase14 were all true. Finally
running `sudo updmap' then set it all up and it just worked!!!

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>