[OS X TeX] New TeX i-Package version in the *EXPERIMENTAL* i-Directory

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Tue Nov 16 16:05:26 CET 2004

GW> Please have a look at the new TeX i-Package version in the *EXPERIMENTAL*
GW> i-Directory. This fixes a few problems reported (e.g. microtype.sty has
GW> been updated in teTeX to a newer version, the support programs for
GW> pdftricks are now available)

GW> I will be releasing this to all directories soon, so now is the chance for
GW> some last minute bug reporting (or reporting of no bugs of course ;-)

GW> Please install this and try it out.

I have a problem with context. In fact the problem also was present with
the previous version. I use it only to do a pdfnup with the command

texexec --pdfcombine.

The previous version complained about the command cont-en not found. The
new version doesn't do that, apparently because the cont-en format is
processed in a different way. However the cont-en format wasn't generated
properly, because of the spanish language being selected. See the log file
below. I don't need spanish in context, but I do need it in LaTeX, and
therefore it is also enabled in context. I am going to try to regenerate
cont-en without spanish.

Extract from cont-en.log:

language       : patterns for cz not loaded
language       : patterns for hr not loaded
language       : patterns for pl not loaded
language       : patterns for sk not loaded
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \c!status
                     =\v!start
\xprocesscommaitem #1,#2->\if ,#1
                                 ,\@EA \xprocesscommaitem \else \if ]#1\@EAE...

\xdogetparameters #1]->\xprocesscommaitem #1,]
                                              ,\@relax@
<argument> ... }\c!text , \c!status =\v!start ]}}}
                                                  \doifvalue {\??la \s!es \c...

\firstoftwoarguments #1#2->#1

l.101 ...talllanguage [\s!es] [\c!status=\v!start]
                                                   % spanish
?
! Emergency stop.
<argument> \c!status
                     =\v!start
\xprocesscommaitem #1,#2->\if ,#1
                                 ,\@EA \xprocesscommaitem \else \if ]#1\@EAE...

\xdogetparameters #1]->\xprocesscommaitem #1,]
                                              ,\@relax@
<argument> ... }\c!text , \c!status =\v!start ]}}}
                                                  \doifvalue {\??la \s!es \c...

\firstoftwoarguments #1#2->#1

l.101 ...talllanguage [\s!es] [\c!status=\v!start]
                                                   % spanish
End of file on the terminal!

--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>