[OS X TeX] What's in a page number?

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Tue Nov 16 04:21:14 CET 2004

On 16 Nov 2004, at 1:42 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> If I understand correctly what you are saying, for TeXshop to do what
> I would like, there would have to be something in OS X that isn't
> there.

But hopefully will be with the next major release :)

> So, I will try your "minimal document" tomorrow, just to see, but I
> will continue to subract mentally 13 from the page number given by the
> Previewer as I have decided that it is not such a hardship after all.
> In reality, it was really my sense of beauty that was offended.

My preferred option is to not use roman numerals for the front matter,
etc., and simply count from the beginning starting at 1. Other people
seem to dislike this, however.

> As on many previous occasions, many thanks to you as well as to
> Schulz, for taking my woes seriously and patiently explaining to me
> why 2 + 2 is equal to 4.

Not at all, this is something that I would like for myself as well. I
am learning here too on this point.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>