[OS X TeX] newbie question about installing musixtex

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 15 20:49:34 CET 2004

I would recommend

~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/misc
Create these folders, if they don't exist yet. This is the default
place to store all idosyncratic .sty files.

Claus

On 15.11.2004, at 19:31, Herb Schulz wrote:

> On 11/15/04 12:07 PM, "delanoy at igd.univ-lyon1.fr"
> <delanoy at igd.univ-lyon1.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I've tried to install musixtex on my TeXshop, following the
>> instructions
>> on Naly Ravalison's site to the letter. Unfortunately when I compile
>> the
>> .tex file
>> containing music I get the following error message :
>>
>> LaTeX error : file musixtex.sty not found
>>
>> Are there some unix commands that can make the computer
>> say in what directory it looks for that file and does not find it ?
>>
>> Ewan
>>

> Since I don't know where you put the files let me start out by asking
> if you
> put them in texmf.local or any other branch of the TeX ``tree'' besides
> ~/Library/texmf/? If so, did you run `sudo texhash' from the Terminal
> after
> installation?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

>            & FAQ: http://latex.yauh.de/faq/
> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>

Claus Gerhardt
Institut für Angewandte Mathematik
Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld 294
69120 Heidelberg
Germany

http://www.math.uni-heidelberg.de/studinfo/gerhardt/

PGP Public Key available from
ldap://keyserver.pgp.com
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu

Digital Signature for pdf files available from
http://www.math.uni-heidelberg.de/studinfo/gerhardt/
DataExchangeClausGerhardt.fdf

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>