[OS X TeX] no figures in a ps (OT?)

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Nov 14 17:47:31 CET 2004

On 11/14/04 10:36 AM, "Hendrik Chaltin" <hendrik.chaltin at univ.u-3mrs.fr>
wrote:

> Herb,
>
>> How did you create the .ps file?
>
> Three distinct copies, by downloading from
> 1) the journal's site (ref. below),
> 2) the author's homepage and
> 3) an e-mail the author sent me as a reply to my "complaint"
> (a copy he previously had downloaded
> from his homepage on his PC
> and in which the figures showed up).

Howdy,

So, you didn't make this .ps via La/TeX on your own system? It sounds as
though the figures aren't included in the .ps file but must be directly
included via whatever software the author uses when creating the .pdf. Just
a hunch though.

> I made a pdf of the "faulty" ps
> (AR 6.0 does the job, I guess),
> and the figures don't show up.
>
>> The conversion done by TeXShop
> I thought Preview made the conversion, not TS?
> In any case, TS doesn't open when I do this conversion.

Drop the .ps onto TeXShop and it will do the conversion for you. If you
double click the file Preview is the default application to open and convert
it. You'll also note that TeXShop substitutes a different font for the text;
so the fonts aren't included in the .ps either!

> I downloaded tens of ps's with figures,
> but this is the first time I have this problem.
>
>>  The slow scrolling
> ... yes, I already wondered why some pdf's,
> even less then 10 pages long,
> scroll down so incredibly slowly.
>
> HC

Start to magnify the page and you'll see how awful the .pdf really is!

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>