[OS X TeX] no figures in a ps (OT?)

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Nov 14 15:52:23 CET 2004

On 11/14/04 7:41 AM, "Hendrik Chaltin" <hendrik.chaltin at univ.u-3mrs.fr>
wrote:

> Dear co-listers,
>
> On my G4 Mac OS 10.3.6, Preview does not show the figures in
> http://projecteuclid.org/Dienst/UI/1.0/Summarize/euclid.em/1047674204
> after downloading. Neither can the author on his Mac.
> However, he informs me that on his PC, he DOES see the figures
> (I have no PC, so I cannot cross-check this) and that
>
>> The ps was made by the journal so I don't know what they did.
>
> Any experts around who would be interested in providing an explanation?
>
> Added: the author also informs me that his PC cannot convert a ps into
> a pdf,
> so he kindly sent me a pdf of a draft version in which the figures show
> correctly.
>
> HC

Howdy,

I assume that the figures are supposed to be on the page that turns up
completely empty. I didn't go much past there so there may be more blank
pages. The conversion done by TeXShop may also have the problem but the
scrolling of the pdf file was so slow that I didn't bother. The slow
scrolling seems to be related to having bitmapped fonts! How did you create
the .ps file?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>