[OS X TeX] Texshop

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Nov 14 02:22:40 CET 2004

On 11/13/04 12:42 PM, "shewan M." <mengesha at gmail.com> wrote:

> I write my text and I want to change it to format pdf .
> for that I open
> File->export =>pdf ,but here the option pdf doesn't exit, could you
> tell me why please?
> I am a new user.
> I use mac (ibook) and aussi same thing on PC.
> greeting
> shewan

Howdy,

I'm getting the impression that you think TeXShop is a Word Processor and
it's not; TeXShop is a ``Front End'' for TeX/LaTeX, a typesetting system.
Besides TeXShop you'll also need to get a TeX/LaTeX system and learn how to
write documents that can be processed by that system. It isn't hard to get
started but it will take some some time and effort on your part to get to
customize the way things look and work. I'd suggest a first stop at
<http://www.cs.wright.edu/~jslater/mac-tex/mac-tex-intro/mactexintro.html>
for an introduction and then on to other parts of the site to find out more
about what is available and where/how to get it.

Hope that points you in the right direction.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>