Solution: [OS X TeX] installer problems with Greek fonths

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Nov 8 15:42:43 CET 2004

>>>Well, have a look at the *EXPERIMENTAL* i-Directory ;-)
>>>
>>>Does that work?
>>

>>unable to create default directory (permissions?) message.
>>

>>I repaired permissions a couple of days ago, I'll try again...
>

> that didn't work. A clean user for testing gave me 'wrong package, could
> not load' and the button was 'accept defeat'. This for the greek fonts,
> (the first one in the listing).

The message was 'wrong version' of some sort and it meant that the user
was using an older version of i-Installer, whereas the package requires a
newer version because it uses newer mechanisms. With the last version
i-Installer it worked fine he found out.

I can't retroactively change the older versions of i-Installer to have
clearer warning messages on this point, sadly.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>