[OS X TeX] Problem with lucidabr

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Fri Nov 5 15:32:48 CET 2004

Can someone please point me to explicit and detailed instructions for
using lucidabr? The ff ligature appears blank in my output, but the
font looks right otherwise. Do I need to buy the font? When you reply
to the list, would you kindly send a copy to me <kubovy at virginia.edu>?

Using
-----------------------
\usepackage[LY1]{fontenc} or  \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{lucidabr}
-----------------------

I get:

Before the listing of the compilation:

-----------------------
Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
(file /usr/
local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map):
entry for `h
lcbot8r' already exists, duplicates ignored

snip <about 40 entries like these>

Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
(file /usr/
local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map):
entry for `h
lxri8y' already exists, duplicates ignored
-----------------------

I think that this is because I, in my ignorance, tried
-----------------------
sudo updmap --enable Map lucidabr-k.map
sudo updmap --enable Map lumath-k.map
-----------------------
as someone had suggested. ***So, I would like to undo what I did wrong
there.***

Then at the end:
-----------------------
  Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
(file lbms.
pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading
{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/dvips/psnfssx/texnansi.enc}
Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
(file hlhr8
a.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading

Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
(file hlsri
8a.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading

Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
(file hlsr8
a.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading

Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
(file hlsb8
a.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading
-----------------------
_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS: 	P.O.Box 400400	Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:	Room 102		Gilmer Hall
		McCormick Road	Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:	B011	+1-434-982-4729
Lab:		B019	+1-434-982-4751
Fax:		+1-434-982-4766
WWW:	http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/