[OS X TeX] warning: pdflatex: cannot open type 1 font file for reading

Samuel Lelievre samuel.lelievre at univ-rennes1.fr
Thu Nov 4 21:45:31 CET 2004

Trying to include some pages of the following file with pdfpages,
http://people.uleth.ca/%7Edave.morris/lectures/Ratner/Ratner-v1-0.pdf
I get the warnings below, and useless font replacements in the output.

Is this easy to cure? Should I add some \usepackage declaration?
Install fonts? (are they free?)

Similar questions have been asked on this list but after reading
the list archive on these topics I still have not been able to
solve my problem; hoping some of you will find it easier than I do,
I decided to post my question.

Samuel