[OS X TeX] kind of TeXShop for Windows ?

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Mon Nov 1 03:34:13 CET 2004

I happily use WinShell and the standard install from last year's TUG
installation. While it is lacking in a number of the GUI type features
that come with the pay per use software, it also has a very simple
macro building dialog, so any macros I use repetitively can be set up
with a key stroke.

Updating the preview is as simple as hitting F5, viewing a preview is
F7, updating bibliography references is F6, and so on.

As already mentioned, there is a big difference between LyX and LaTeX.
As for installing ``extra things''. Not sure what that means, one can
declare whichever packages one wants, for example graphicx.

Alan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>