[OS X TeX] tex'ing newcommands

Donal Day dbd at virginia.edu
Wed May 26 19:29:17 CEST 2004

I have, over the years, defined many Latex shortcuts (definitions) via
the \def,

\def\gn{$g^n_1\ $} or the \newcommand as

\newcommand{\Atp}{\mbox{$A_2^p$}}

and have them collected in a file which I input upon processing my
document. The problem is that I forget what it is I have defined and
often end up redefining them again or not at all.

Does there exist a tool that will read this file of definitions, strip
out the definitions, put each on a line and render them into a  latex
document? I would then compile it and keep the output as a handy
reference. If so, I could usefully share this file and the list of
commands with my collaborators so we can all benefit.

Donal