Please no: [OS X TeX] set environment variables forapplications

Kino quinon at rio.odn.ne.jp
Tue May 25 17:00:18 CEST 2004

On May 25, 2004, at 23:39, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 25 mai 04, à 16:16, Kino a écrit :
>
>> $PATH set in the environment.plist is not effective for commands
>> executed in Terminal if I'm not mistaken.
>
> Isn't it contradictory? Or, regarding shell commands, are you thinking
> of xterm in X11.app, not Terminal?

No.

> Or executing these shell commands from another application, not from
> Terminal?

Yes. In ProjectBuilder/Xcode, you can execute a shell command in the
Edit window by the shortcut ctr-R and run a shell script on the
entire/selected text in the edit window. The same features will be
available to any standard Cocoa app like TextEdit and SubEthaEdit if
you have installed TextExtras.
<http://www.lorax.com/FreeStuff/TextExtras.html>

I find it very useful especially because it is painful -- sometimes
impossible -- to edit a command containing Japanese characters in
Terminal. Both bash and tcsh do not display them properly if the
command is longer than a single line.

Kino