[OS X TeX] no xetex.xfmt

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue May 25 11:38:32 CEST 2004

On 25 May 2004, at 10:16 am, André Valentin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As I'm trying to use xetex with TeXShop, on Macos10.3.3,
> and after configuring TeXShop to this purpose, in accordance with
>
> http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?=20
> site_id=3Dnrsi&item_id=3Dxetex_texshop
>
> I get the following error message :
>
> This is XeTeXk, Version 3.14159-2.1-0.7 (Web2C 7.5.2)
>  %&-line parsing enabled.
> kpathsea: Running mktexfmt xetex.xfmt
> fmtutil: no info for format `xetex'.
> I can't find the format file `xetex.xfmt'!
>
> xetex was installed with G. Wierda's i-Installer

The xetex.xfmt file is supposed to be built and installed during the
"configuration" stage of the i-Package; I'm not sure why this might
have failed.

May I suggest that you re-run the configure process, and look at the
"Subprocess Output" view in i-Installer (use the View menu if this is
not visible by default) to see if there are any clues there. You should
see the console output of the two xetex jobs that build the xetex.xfmt
and xelatex.xfmt files, and messages from fmtutil confirming where it
is installing them.

If any error messages are appearing during this process, they may help
us work out what the problem is; please let me know the results.
Thanks!

Jonathan