[OS X TeX] Landscape formatting with TeXShop

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Tue May 25 02:27:05 CEST 2004

On 25 May 2004, at 8:53, Bruce McKellar wrote:

> When I typeset with the \documentclass[landscape]{slides}
> class using pdflatex the pdf file is in cropped a4 format.  A
> workaround is to typeset with TeX and Ghostscript from the menu, then
> dvips the dvi file, with the landscape option, but what is the more
> direct way?

This is a common problem. It occurs because the pdf isn't told the page
dimensions. All you need to fix it is

\setlength \pdfpagewidth  \paperwidth
\setlength \pdfpageheight \paperheight

in your preamble (you may prefer some curly braces in there). These are
called in several packages, I believe, such as geometry.sty, so if you
use that package then it's done automatically.