[OS X TeX] Where is XeTeX README?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri May 21 20:48:52 CEST 2004

Le 21 mai 04, à 20:36, Stephen Anderson a écrit :

> I just installed XeTeX using i-Installer from Jonathan Kew's
> directory, but I can't find the description of how to use it that
> seems to be promised.  The README shown by i-Installer consists solely
> of a few lines of change notes, and I can't see any other way to get a
> (real) README.  I'm sure I'm being obtuse, but I would appreciate
> someone's enlightening me.

If you install using the Apple Installer package, a ReadMe file is
shown during the installation process, that you can save to disk. It
speaks mostly of installation issues.

More informative is the file XeTeX-notes.tex which is part of the
Sample files archive which you can download from XeTeX's web site
<http://scripts.sil.org/xetex> (from there, go to the Downloads page
from the list of XeTeX Pages in the top right corner). It's more or
less a User's Manual documenting XeTeX's features. The other sample
files are also very informative and the output is quite impressive.
Maybe they're included inside the i-Installer package, I haven't
checked yet.

There's also a dedicated XeTeX mailing list
<http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/xetex>.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin