[OS X TeX] Major path puzzlement

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue May 11 15:21:42 CEST 2004

Le 11 mai 04, à 15:08, stephenmoye at cox.net a écrit :

> I have now attempted to install TeX on two machines with i-Installer,
> using,
> so far as I am aware, a completely vanilla install. In both cases,
> even after
> 'sudo texhash', kpsewhich is unable to locate texnansx.enc -- even
> though I
> can do a 'Find..." and they show up where they ought to be, though the
> file,
> as is usr/..., is invisible.

Did you by any chance install a Unix porting system (Fink, DarwinPorts)
on your machines? What is $PATH for you?

legimc11:~ brunovoisin$ echo $PATH
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-
darwin-current:/usr/local/bin

It might also be that for some reason the folder texmf.local got
corrupt, and then that reinstalling did not touch it. Did you backup
and erase it before reinstalling?

Third thing: do you have a texmf.cnf or ls-R file inside
~/Library/texmf/? There shouldn't be, I think.

Other than this, I don't see.

Bruno Voisin