[OS X TeX] \verb in BibTex and a couple other issues...

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue May 11 04:14:16 CEST 2004

Hello Lisa,

On 11/05/2004, at 11:14 AM, Lisa Schweitzer wrote:

> I have several agency authors that I need to list in BibTex entries
> and there are many acronyms that I have to include in titles.  For
> example,  I need to be able to do:
>
> Southern California Association of Governments. 2003. State of the
> Region. Los Angeles, CA: Southern California Association of
> Governments.

organisation ="{Southern California Association of Governments}",
                ^-------  use braces --------------------------^

> and
>
> Authorman, Bob. 2003. Risk assessment using TRI data. Risk Assessment
> Journal, 19:43-190.

title = "Risk assessment using {TRI} data.",

> Or somesuch. Bibtex wants to do  "Governments, Southern Calfornia
> Association of"--no good--and "Risk assessment using tri data"  which
> is better than the former but still not good.
>
> I thought I could get around this using \verb or \verbatim, but no go.
> BibTex just omits the entry an tells me the code is undefined.

   No; don't try to use \verb in BibTeX data
    --- .bib files are for information, not for formatting.

> Any ideas would be really helpful.

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114