[OS X TeX] Focus (was: Various TeX programs on Mac)

Joachim Kock kock at math.uqam.ca
Sat May 8 21:18:49 CEST 2004

>I don't know about the rest of you, but it's a lot better for me if I typeset frequently rather than trying to find a missing $ in 15 pages of uncompiled complicated math formatting!

Perhaps you need to use an error browser.  I think this concept exists
both in TeXShop and iTeXMac, but I am not too sure how it works there.
Here is how it works for me in AlphaX: after typing for some time, I
typeset with the  --interaction nonstopmode  flag.  This typesets the
whole document without stopping at errors; upon completion, the
error-browser window comes to front: it is simply a listing of all
errors and warnings in which you navigate with arrow keys, and pressing
return takes you directly to the spot where TeX got upset.

(If you typeset very often, of course there is not much benefit of an
error browser, which is perhaps the reason why this concept is not
something people care a lot about...)

Cheers,
Joachim.