[OS X TeX] TeX is not for the faint of heart

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Fri May 7 04:23:28 CEST 2004

On May 5, 2004, at 6:55 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Re.
>
>    I hate to do that. It's an endorsement of one person's work over
>    another.
>
> I was waiting for /that/. It was inevitable that it should come from
> someone or the other.
>
> Consider the following: Jack says that 2+2 = 22. Jill says that 2+2 =
> 4. They are your twin children. Are we going to have to refuse to
> endorse Jill?

Gee, and I thought that since I was running a site open to all tools
that I should keep it balanced. Silly me.

If I gave my real opinion, I guarantee it wouldn't agree with you, or
most on this list. That site isn't the "Joe's favorite interface site".
It points to all of the resources, and tries to give some brief
information from which some decisions can be gleaned. That's what it's
for. There's enough statements in the getting started document to allow
someone to make an educated guess at what they might like best. At some
point, people do have to read documentation to get started... as Gerben
said earlier.

Oh, and Jack said 4.0, so is he really wrong, or just presenting a more
accurate answer?

(+1) 937-775-5085
http://www.cs.wright.edu/~jslater