[OS X TeX] TeX is not for the faint of heart

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Thu May 6 12:43:22 CEST 2004

Gary L. Gray wrote:

> (1) Go to Google.
>
> (2) Type: tex mac os x
>
> (3) Click on "I'm Feeling Lucky".
>
> It takes you to the place it should (in my humble opinion). We simply
> need to make that page the best it can be. The benefit of using our (Joe
> Slater and me) page is that we don't have to pay for a domain name and
> we don't have to pay for hosting.
>
> I should also mention that we are willing to host anything Mac OS X TeX
> related on that machine. We have tons of disk space and bandwidth (heck,
> PSU is an Internet 2 site).

Are you saying there's no point in buying mactex.org, or that if it was
bought, your current machine is a good one to host it from?

I was looking at your whole page thinking how it could be redesigned to
be more friendly. And then I was thinking how there's also the LaTeX faq
website, and then there's also Gerben's introduction, as well as Richard
Koch's...

Perhaps a coordinated effort could be made to move the majority of these
sites onto the current MacTeX?

Will