[OS X TeX] TeX is not for the faint of heart

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Thu May 6 02:15:57 CEST 2004

On May 6, 2004, at 01:59, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> (3) I do not understand what the argument below is about. Why can't
> the information be available to those who want it and "ignorable" for
> those who want to?

I agree. But you learn something every day. There are people who do not
like 'ignorable'. They require unavailable, because 'available + not
understandable' frustrates them.

The funny thing is that there is a collection of psyche's out there who
are really incompatible and they all want that one program to do what
their psyche likes. You want to skim and not read. Someone else wants
to know what is going on. Someone else does not want to be confronted
with anything he does not understand.