[OS X TeX] TeX is not for the faint of heart

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Wed May 5 18:08:23 CEST 2004

On May 5, 2004, at 9:55 AM, Herb Schulz wrote:

> On 5/5/04 6:30 AM, "Joseph C. Slater" <joseph.slater at wright.edu> wrote:

>> The document itself provides an example that they can cut and paste
>> out
>> of to use as a template. Section 5 has a simple first document, and a
>> link to the latex file used to generate the entire web document. Of
>> course, it will end up a nice PDF without using htlatex.
>
> Howdy,
>
> Just for fun I downloaded the .tex file for the page and typeset it.
> All
> went fine but since the graphics are missing there were errors from the
> \includegraphics{} statements. That would certainly confuse anyone new
> TeX/LaTeX.

 From the document:
Additionally, this document is also available in it’s original
LATEX form as well as a PDF document. If you choose to compile the
LATEX document, you will need the images from the figures. You can save
them one at a time from the html version of this document at the
MacTEX web site by control-clicking on each of them.

So, the next two sentences describe how to use it. If I wrote to ignore
the errors and hit return, it wouldn't be any more helpful, since the
same person wouldn't read that sentence either.