[OS X TeX] TeX is not for the faint of heart

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Tue May 4 15:27:26 CEST 2004

> Re. The reason I mentioned LyX and TeXmacs is that what you suggest,
> in this message and in the earlier one, is like reinventing them.

I did look up LyX and I did actually download it but I haven't tried to
open it yet. However, my /immediate/ reaction was "la mariée est trop
belle", this is too good to be true. What is the catch? Why was your
post the first time I saw it mentioned?

As for TeXmacs, I haven't looked it up because of what Samuel Lelièvre
wrote:

    TeXmacs is inspired by TeX, but does not use TeX as an engine.

which I don't understand. I mean what's the point? :-)

As for the rest of what you wrote, I understand and in the whole I agree
completely except where you write of the cathedral and the bazaar. I
like and need both. My only point was that for the rest of us who just
want to get started, the cathedral is a must. But indeed, after a while
some of the rest of us may venture in the bazaar and love it. If I were
not as old as I am, and I didn't have this last book to write and this
site to help get constructed, I would.

Regards
--schremmer