[OS X TeX] rtf2rtf2latex2e

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Mon May 3 04:46:55 CEST 2004

Many thanks to Adam Maxwell and Kino and Will Robertson.

Pdftex is ticked at the bottom of the Typeser menu. (It must have been
by default as /I/ sure didn't tick it.)

But I have trouble with

    *\includegraphics{Fig1.pdf}
    *

When I type (the first two are from previous attempts)

    \begin{figure}[htbp]
    \begin{center}

    \caption{default}
    \label{default}
    \end{center}
    \end{figure}

and The Indian TeX Users Group's LaTeX Tutorials'

    \begin{figure}
    \centering

    \caption{This is an inserted pdf graphic}
    \label{fig1}
    \end{figure}

and Adam Maxwell's

    \begin{figure}[htbp]
    \centering

    \caption{The caption}
    \label{fig:theLabel}
    \end{figure}

TeXshop typesets and the pdf file shows just

    Figure 1.1: default

    Figure 1.2: This is an inserted pdf graphic

    Figure 1.3: The caption.

Which, I think, is how it should be. But when, with Fig1.pdf in the same
folder as the tex files, I insert the line

    \includegraphics{Fig1.pdf}

in any one of the above, the console says

    ! Undefined control sequence.
    l122\includegraphics
                    {Fig1.pdf}
    ?

and, when I click Goto Error, it highlights the line I inserted.
I assume I am missing a \usepackage{????} but then what is ???? ?

Regards to all
--schremmer