[OS X TeX] latex2rtf question

Bob Kerstetter bkerstetter at mac.com
Tue Mar 30 21:05:05 CEST 2004

Try this way for converting LaTeX to Word.

htlatex filename "html,3.2,1"

or

htlatex filename "html,4,1"

This calls TeX4ht. It converts your LaTeX file to HTML (3.2 or 4),
graphics included, as long as your graphics are not pdf's. I have very
good experience using png's for graphics.

Then open the resulting filename.html using Word.

Save the document as a Word doc and your done.

I don't do math and have not ever tried this with equations, but am
told TeX4ht converts them to graphics.

TeX4ht was once in an i-installer package. But comments on this list
seem to indicate TeX4ht is now part of GW's main TeX package, which is
a good thing.

This appears to keep much of the formatting.