[OS X TeX] Not fatal PDF inclusion error

Marcelo LaFleur marcelolafleur at optonline.net
Fri Mar 26 16:27:35 CET 2004

Hi,

I just wanted to post this FYI in case there is something more sinister at
play here.

Every time I create a PDF using Illustrator and try to include it in my
document I get the following error:

[29 <./figures/pg19.pdf
Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex (file
./fig
ures/pg19.pdf): pdf inclusion: Page Group detected which pdfTeX can't
handle. I
gnoring it.
>]

The picture comes out fine, with no issues at all. But this doesn't happen
if I instead create a PDF by using the built-in Save as PDF option in X.

It's probably just in my PDF settings in Illustrator, but I thought it would
be good to introduce this in case someone knows exactly why and if it could
cause problems for someone else.

--
Marcelo T. LaFleur
Fordham University