[OS X TeX] Fonts

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Fri Mar 26 06:21:32 CET 2004

Andrew Brown wrote:
 > Gloomy indeed, to the extent that I am thinking of buying a PC (so help
 > me) and a copy of 3B2.
 >
 > I have to admit, however, that configuring fonts on the industrial
 > system I used to run (Miles 33) was a major and painful undertaking in
 > the early days, so perhaps I should view TeX less as a fiendish torture
 > and more as an opportunity to indulge in a nostalgia trip -- pretty much
 > as one might prefer to rebuild a steam locomotive and lay a track rather
 > than jump in a taxi.

No need to be that gloomy. If other people have put together the metric
files and things, there is really very little work involved in
converting fonts. Its those times when people *haven't* that things
become trickier. I haven't done that myself, so I can't qualify, but I
believe it's logical once you work it out.

He tutorial referenced is really very good. Don't be put of by its
length---it has instructions for converting more than one font format.

Will