[OS X TeX] LaTex Margin Help

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Fri Mar 26 06:38:34 CET 2004

Robert Lyons wrote:

 > \usepackage{geometry}
 > \geometry {left=2.63in, right=2.63in, top=0.7in, bottom=4.7in}
 > Header 0.5in
 > Footer 4.5in
 >
 > This is all to be set up on 8.5 X 11 paper.

Have you found where all of the package documentation is kept? It's a
very good first stop. You are correct to use the geometry package
(although there are some alternatives, geometry is the most popular, I
believe).

Everything you have is perfect, so far. All you need now is

footskip=4.5in
headheight=0.5in

You may want to check out headsep=X, too, and maybe also the toggle
includeheadfoot/ignoreheadfoot (the latter is default). Papersize can be
set implicitly by name or with the variables paperwidth and paperheight.

I would recommend looking up geometry.pdf in your texmf tree (can't give
the full link, sorry) so you get a feel for all of the options.

Another (better?) place for posting general LaTeX questions is the
newsgroup comp.text.tex (get to it through Google Groups), although
questions here generally aren't discouraged.

Follow the link at the bottom of every email to the list for more info
on where to find help!

Good luck,
Will