[OS X TeX] Utopia fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Mar 24 18:47:43 CET 2004

Le 24 mars 04, à 17:57, Alan Curtis a écrit :

> HOWEVER. I also did it on my machine running OS 10.3.3 and the fonts
> worked in TextEdit but caused Keynote to crash. I am not a font expert
> so don't know why. Perhaps some of the font gurus here can help.

I just tried with Keynote on 10.3.3 and it seems to work. What I did:

- Open the X11 version of PfaEdit and open the 4 fonts in
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/fonts/type1/adobe/utopia/
simltaneously (from PfaEdit's Open dialog).

- Choose Generate Mac Family… and save the result as Utopia.dfont
(ignore the warning message that arises 4 times, one for each font).
This implies I have replaced the default .otf.dfont extension by just
.dfont in the Save dialog, don't know whether this makes any
difference.

- Double-click Utopia.dfont, this launches Font Book and displays the
font.

- Click the Install Font button. The .dfont file is moved to
~/Library/Fonts/.

- Use the font in Keynote, this seems to work.

As you can see, I'm rather a GUI person !

Bruno Voisin