[OS X TeX] Nobody knows

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Mar 23 10:51:11 CET 2004

Le 23 mars 04, à 10:13, Will Robertson a écrit :

> To conclude my post of questions no-one will answer (don't use this
> sentence as an excuse, though)---has anything been done by anyone on
> using folder packages to represent TeX documents with a single file?

There has been a discussion on this among the MacTeX working group of
TUG, and a special initiative (called TeX Wrapper) launched by Gerben.
This initiative was finally terminated early this year, due to lack of
developers' interest.

If you think TeX wrappers (the technical name for folder packages, like
.pkg packages, appearing as single files in OS X) are interesting, it's
time to advocate them, so that developers' interest could be revived.

Bruno Voisin, aka Nobody
(not that I'm willing to compete with the Sergio Leone movies from the
70s ;-)