[OS X TeX] Nobody knows

Jérôme Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Tue Mar 23 10:45:55 CET 2004

Le 23 mars 04, à 10:13, Will Robertson a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I just noticed Maarten's post on comp.text.tex involving a bash shell
> script to run LaTeX as many times as necessary to get things right
> with figure numbers et al.
>
> Considering TeXShop is all about making Mac the most simple and
> pleasant way of writing LaTeX, why hasn't such a script been
> implemented?

You mean why this script is not shipped as one of the defaults?
Maybe one day...

> I suppose alternatively, I could ask "Why doesn't everyone use
> iTeXMac?" or "Why doesn't everyone write ConTeXt?".

You forgot,
"Why does not everyone use Mac?"
"Why does not everyone speak french?"
"Why does not everyone like cheese?"

> To conclude my post of questions no-one will answer (don't use this
> sentence as an excuse, though)---has anything been done by anyone on
> using folder packages to represent TeX documents with a single file?

A discussion started in the TeX Wrapper list. Only Gerben and I
contributed. Gerben decided to close the discussion because the
audience was really too small (we were only 3 or 4) but the archive is
available through google I think.

I am currently working hard on that matter on my own and will present
something concrete on that subject at TUG 2004. I hope I will find at
TUG 2004 people who help in making final decisions concerning TeX
Wrappers.