[OS X TeX] 9.5pt font size

AB&C Sheldon besces at ixpres.com
Tue Mar 23 07:37:28 CET 2004

Hello all, hopefully I have a quick question. I am LaTeXing an 800 page
book and need to use 9.5pt computer modern over 11 pt leading
throughout. I have succeeded in using 9 over 11 with the command
"\renewcommand{\normalsize}{\fontsize{9}{11}\selectfont}" in the
preamble. Unfortunately the command does not work if I replace 9 with
9.5. I get numerous errors of the following variety:
LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmr/m/n' in size <9.5> not available
(Font)              size <9> substituted on input line 156.
Any suggestions?

Y'all have never steered me wrong, thanks in advance,

Bryan Sheldon
besces at ixpres.com