[OS X TeX] Lobbying for Reply-To as it used to be

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Mar 22 17:58:24 CET 2004

On 23 Mar 2004, at 3:22, Chris Goedde wrote:

> I strongly prefer the new way of doing things.
>
> Just my $0.02.

This reminds me of the arguments about "Open in a new window" HTML
links. Personally, I can't stand them, and wish they were never
invented (although I'd be happy if my browser overrided the option and
opened it in a new tab, but I disgress).

I cannot imagine how anyone would prefer this new way, but since people
obviously do, it's clearly *my* deficiency because I cannot empathise
with their situation.

Most likely, I just haven't learnt to use the "Reply All" button
properly.

My complaint is that when you want to reply, by default you end up
sending a private email to the person, who will then also receive the
mailing list version---two copies of the same email?

I don't want to have to edit things. I just want to push reply.
Apologies for such a polarised view!

Will Robertson