[OS X TeX] imagemagick and libiconv

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Mar 22 10:20:22 CET 2004

Le 22 mars 04, à 09:44, Steffen Lund Hokland a écrit :

> I can't install the latest version of imagemagick (I don't actually
> know if I need to, but I tend to keep the packages up-to-date not
> knowing any better). According to i-Installer Imagemagick has the
> dependency problem:
>
>> ## File /usr/local/lib/libiconv.dylib is available.
>> ## File /usr/lib/libiconv.dylib is available.
>> Dependency requirements not fulfilled as one and only one of the
>> checked files should be present.

This means you have both /usr/lib/libiconv.dylib installed as a part of
Panther (OS X 10.3) and one /usr/local/lib/libiconv.dylib installed
before Panther as an i-Package.

> and I need to install libiconv. This however I can't due to another
> dependency problem:
>
>> ## Required  unavailable file /usr/lib/libiconv.dylib is available.
>> Dependency requirements not fulfilled as files that should be
>> unavailable are present.
>
> Should I just don't bother or remove one of the above installations
> (and in that case, which) or both?

You need to remove /usr/local/lib/libiconv.dylib and things should
proceed smoothly (try "Remove" from the corresponding i-Package, and
then install ImageMagick again).

Bruno Voisin